Wednesday, December 27, 2006

the afterglow

So how was it for you?
Best bits...watching my nearest and dearest opening their pressies on Christmas morning, everyone mucking in to help with the Christmas meal, Christmas Radio 4 for the talk, Classic FM for the carols and Radio 1 for the nonsense, timing 'the big shop' just right (this year was my quietest ever -and did I feel smug- you bet I did) friends joining us on Christmas Day for lunch, the Christmas 'liturgy' we used throughout the meal (thanks Steve) and waking up on Boxing day knowing it was all over again..
Worst bits...spending money again and again and again, realising some of the carols I have sung for years and years actually make no sense at all and that words have been selected purely because they rhyme("christian children all should beeee, mild, obediant good as heeee, when like stars His children crowned, All in white shall wait around." - how dull ) and regretting that yet again I've not spent enough time reflecting on the time splitting events of God Incarnate.
So my little blogging friends...what were the hits and misses for you?

No comments: